Friday, November 18, 2011

Benefits of Coconut Water for Flu Treatment: Cure Dehydration, Upset Stomach and Nausea


!±8± Benefits of Coconut Water for Flu Treatment: Cure Dehydration, Upset Stomach and Nausea

Flu season is here, so it's time to discuss the benefits coconut water can have for treating dehydration, nausea, and upset stomachs. Flu, is short for influenza and is a virus that causes dehydration, stomach pain, nausea and aching all over the body. Having the flu is an awful experience, especially for young children. This article showcases how coconut water alleviates the symptoms mentioned above and also has flu treatment recipes to get you on your way to a speedy recovery.

For your body's immune system to work at it's most efficient, your body has to stay properly hydrated. Coconut water has all five electrolytes your body needs to do this. Potassium is the main electrolyte needed, because one, 8.5 oz serving has 15 times more potassium than other sports drinks, like Gatorade or VitaWater.

Because you'll be more hydrated, you'll be feeling better and, it'll also get you cured, faster, because your immune system will be operating more efficiently.

It also has lauric acid, a mineral that benefits you while you have the flu because it helps alleviate the stomach irritation that accompanies the virus. Nausea is another symptom of the flu, because the stomach irritation limits your stomach's ability to hold down food.

An old school flu remedy my mom used to help me re-hydrate when I had the flu, was to give me ice chips.

With what we know about the benefits of coconut water, today, why not take this flu remedy one step further and make ice chips using the water from coconuts? It'll rehydrate you faster than water and calm your stomach. There's also several flavors, with natural fruit extracts, that you could make popsicles with.

Even though I didn't have the flu, I did get food poisoning about 3 weeks ago, that was accompanied with violent stomach pains and frequent trips to the restroom (sorry for being too descriptive). There was one box of coco water left in the house with about 6 ounces in it and I prayed it would help ease my pain.

For the 2 years I've been drinking water from coconuts, it was the first time I'd used it to alleviate some type of medical symptom, besides a hangover. It always helped my hangovers, but I'm pleasantly suprised at how much better it made my stomach feel when I had the food poisoning.

Within 15 minutes, the pain was tolerable and continued fading until I fell asleep.


Benefits of Coconut Water for Flu Treatment: Cure Dehydration, Upset Stomach and Nausea

Good Kabar Usmc




No comments:

Post a Comment


Twitter Facebook Flickr RSS



Fran�ais Deutsch Italiano Portugu�s
Espa�ol ??? ??? ?????







Sponsor Links